Thursday

Can't Help But Say 'Yes God Can"



I cannot explain the thrill of victory that I'm experiencing inside. A new day has arrived and history beyond my finite comprehension has and is being made. President Barack Obama! I'm not calling him President-Elect. He is President Barack Obama. Wow, what an amazing feeling. The First African American First Family. To describe the depth of this tremendous day, election, event, and historical moment in time, there are no mere words worthy to say but, Yes God Can.

Yes God Can should ring from hear on out, over every mountaintop, and every valley low. Yes God Can should ring from the hillsides to the hood, from the ghetto to the neighborhood of MTV Cribs. Not only African American children, but all children who have felt that reaching and achieving great things in life isn't possible - now look at how the impossible just became possible!! To adults, young and old, who have all but given up on accomplishing their dreams, no matter how big or small. If it's important to you, and it brings positive value to you, then it is worth saying "Yes God Can."

For me, It's Yes God Can to our people, to my people to all of those who have dreams but have come up on rough times. Hold on and don't give up. God desires for His people to live abundant lives. He desires for us to do more than strive, God wants us to thrive.

There are times when life gets hard, the struggles get rough, the dream seems impossible, the way seems like we've reached a dead end. But if we place our trust in God, then His word does prevail. I am a living witness of that.

There is a blog I recently read by author, Iris Celeste. I didn't send her a comment on it at the time because reading it made memories of what happened to me some eleven years ago resurface. It talked about the tragic death of someone she loved. Her story, believe me, is identical to mine. I became dead, lifeless, a zombie with no hope when my fiance was brutally murdered back in 1997. In the year 1999 the words I had posted in a journal came forth and transformed into my first self published book novel titled, Always, Now and Forever, which was released in 2000. That novel, though I wasn't an experienced writer at the time, renewed me and brought me back to life again. It revealed my true purpose in life. Much like Iris, I realized that I was destined to be a writer. Two years later in 2002 I published a nonfiction book called A Christian's Perspective -Journey Through Grief which provided further healing for me. I use it now to minister to others. In 2005 I was signed by a traditional publisher and have since published three novels with several more in the works.

I never knew from all of the pain, the heartache, the tears, the downfalls, and the spiritual battles, that I would one day make my own page in history, but God ordained that it would be so. No, I may not end up on the pages of history like the wonderful, oh so eloquent, people oriented, sincere and trustworthy man like our new President Barack Obama, who I am so extremely proud of and grateful to God for. But I have my own pages in history because the words God has placed in my spirit to write in books will never die. Somewhere, after I am long gone from this earth, I know there will be someone who will pick up a novel and the author's name will be, Shelia E. Lipsey.

Are dreams possible? Yes. Is the impossible possible? Yes. Can greatness be birthed from adversity. Yes. Go forth now with the sincere belief in your dreams and your purpose in life by remembering, Yes God Can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing impossible for God. We were chosen to be here to experience this history changing event.