Wednesday

My New Year's Blessing to You for 2009

Hello my dear friends, my sons, my grandsons, godchildren and loved ones! First, let me give thanks and praise to God for each of you, for your help, your support, your love, your concern, your prayers, thoughts and dedication to me. Many things I have taken on in 2008 would not and could not have been done without your help and commitment toward me, and your belief in the dreams and talents God has placed in my heart.

It is my prayer that as God leads us into a new beginning, with the first of many blessings, starting with President Barack Obama and the First family, that we will make many more strides, and the first steps that we take into the new year will lead to marvelous and great things. It is my earnest prayer that God's blessings and His unmerited favor will overflow in our lives,in our careers, in the desires of our hearts, in the lives of our families and loved ones. I pray that those blessings will run us down and overtake us like a mighty rushing wind!

All that we have been through in 2008 has made us who we are today. I'm sure many of us didn't think we'd even be here. I'm certain we each faced our own personal strugles, obstacles, trials, and storms of life. Some which seemed torn beyond repair - yet God is faithful. He promises never to leave us or forsake us. God's word says in Isaiah 65:24 "And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." Just think about that and meditate on how powerful God's words are.
In 2009, let us seek God first and set our sights on things above. Let us obey his commandments. If we fully obey what God directs us to do, He promises that we will be the head and not the tail, that we will be blessed going in and going out; that our offspring will be blessed. He says, that enemies which come at us one way, will depart from our presence in seven ways! God promises we will be above and not beneath; that we will be lenders and not borrowers..."

Let us move forward in 2009 with great expectancy. Let us declare life and not death; and most of all let us do all that will honour, glorify, magnify and praise God!

I love you all so much (But God really does love you more!)

www.shelialipsey.com
http://twitter.com/shelialipsey
http://community.essence.com/profile/SheliaELipsey
http://sistahfaith.ning.com
www.myspace.com/shelialipsey
http://thepeopleslounge.com/shelialipsey
http://blacktvonline.com/shelialipsey
www.victoriousmagazine.com
www.authorsden.com/shelialipsey
www.amazon.com
www.uchisglorybookclub.net
www.blackauthorsnetwork.com

No comments: